2151 Sacramento Street #4
Iconic Pacific Heights Residence
Iconic Beaux-Arts Style Building…
Extraordinary Architectural Detailing…
Fabulous Indoor/ Outdoor Living…
- Four- bedroom, four- bath condominium in a 4-unit building built circa 1920
- Solarium and South-facing deck
- 2,528 square feet as per City of San Francisco Tax Records, 2,538 per draftsman; Buyer to independently verify
- 1 car deeded parking in the attached garage and 2 car leased parking next door
- Extra storage and laundry room
- Monthly HOA Dues: $650 per month includes water, garbage and building insurance
Features of this unique residence include:
- The sensational, one-of-a-kind solarium style living space with ~15 foot peaked, tented and beamed ceilings is a main focal point of the home and creates an unforgettable impression. Ionic columns and beautiful architectural detailing, along with hardwood floors and wood-burning fireplace make this a magical entertaining and living space. Walls of glass plus two glass doors lead to the adjoining sunroom and the huge South-facing terrace with City views creating a seamless flow of unique indoor/ outdoor spaces.
- Spectacular eat-in gourmet kitchen with double height ceiling with giant skylight, marble island with sink and bar seating, marble counters and backsplash, SubZero refrigerator, 6 burner Wolf warming drawer, microwave as well as range with oven and brushed metal hood. Abundant cabinet and counterspace, pull out spice cabinet and Subzero wine fridge and an extra bar make this an absolutely fabulous entertaining as well as everyday living and cooking kitchen- a chef’s dream come true!
- Romantic master bedroom overlooking Lafayette Park enjoys abundant closet space and a stunning patterned-marble remodeled master bath featuring double sinks, sleekly streamlined oval porcelain tub, walk-in steam shower with bench and double sinks with under the cabinet lighting. Abundant storage for toiletries, towels and other bath accessories as well as a skylight complete this lovely- spa-like retreat.
- Charming 2nd bedroom with large closet
- Beautiful remodeled marble and tiled 2nd bath with skylight
- Laundry room with stacked washer/ dryer, counter space and shelving
- The chic and intimate entrance foyer with in-laid marble flooring provides an understated prelude to the dramatic living spaces
- The stunning library/ family room/ 3rd bedroom with stone-patterned vaulted ceilings and curved moldings has fabulous architectural detailing and lovely park outlooks. An en-suite marble and tile bath with shower/ tub and closet area with shelving make this a wonderful flexible use space as either an overflow guest bedroom or entertaining space/ family room.
- 4th bedroom with high ceiling plus adjoining bath
- Interior access to garage and storage
The romantically beautiful Beaux-Arts style façade could be straight out of Paris! The pale stone is adorned with classic balustrades, acanthus leaf detailing, Egyptian sphynx-like statues, exquisite leaded glass window with beautiful stained-glass crests, dentelle molding and Grecian-style wreaths- truly one of Pacific Heights most loved and renowned structures.
The plaque on this 1881 house at 2151 Sacramento Street boasts that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, author of the timeless Sherlock Holmes series, once occupied the Lafayette Heights residence. Actually, Conan Doyle only visited for a few hours when this was the home of an associate, Dr. Abrams. Sir Doyle visited San Francisco once in his lifetime, in late May and early June of 1923. The author and his wife stayed at the Clift Hotel during Conan Doyle's second and final lecture tour in the U.S. Though Conan Doyle's stay was brief, his character Dr. Watson was married and practiced medicine in the City, according to a Conan Doyle play.